Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Step Foward

(Day 41 of 112)

My life over the last couple of years has been the clichéd roller-coaster ride, with mostly downs rather than ups. Growing up was never so difficult and neither was being a parent. It was a time when nothing seemed to go right and everything was designed to make things difficult. I guess that was a phase that had to be endured.

Over the last 6-7 months life had improved drastically. And yet there was one factor that kept disturbing me. It was something that had to be dealt with patience and understanding and lots of time. This something changed today.

Today a step forward has been taken. I think. It scares and confuses me because I was unprepared for it. And as uncomfortable as my earlier state was, it was something I had gotten used to. And so while this step forward makes me unbelievably happy it makes me even more confused and apprehensive. It’s like I don’t trust myself anymore.

I guess this is what learning to walk is all about. It happens only when the time is right. And you have to take one step at a time. Slowly, carefully, moving forward.

No comments: