Tuesday, July 28, 2009

1, 2, 3

(Day 47 of 112)

I've had a pretty long-ish day today, evident in the fact that at 10pm i'm dead tired and am barely typing this out (as opposed to watching How I Met Your Mother on my computer).

I was flying out of Bombay today and my morning was spent in locating random possessions of mine (books, combs, clips, earrings, chargers, clothes etc) that had somehow spread all over the house. Then there was the arduous task of fitting all this stuff into my bags, and since my belongings had tripled since i came, it was no mean feat. In fact, my sister finally packed my second bag, while calling me a moron and a very frustrating packer (and giving me a lecture on how underwear is to be packed as a bonus).

So finally i get to the airport and blah blah blah, find my self waiting to board the plane. This is where i came across 2 buffoons sitting next to me. And when i say buffoons i'm being nice. These guys were the kind who were talking at the top of their voices making sure everyone looked in their direction (of course since they were wearing sleeveless, tight fitting shirts with huge dark glasses and oily, greasy hair, they made sure they had everyone's attention anyway). These buffoons then decide to take pictures of each other posing in their seats. That not enough, when boarding was announced, they all but ran to the gate, pushing and jostling people in their way, one of them an elderly aunty. Morons.

On board, we were greeted by the aunty-brigade: the Indian Airlines air hostesses. Seriously what is with them. Each of them had at least an inch of make up (most definitely to hide their wrinkles). Then they had totally absurd hairstyles which just served to accentuate the fact that there are more grey hair than white, all of which were dyed/mehendied. However wrinkles and bad hairdos not withstanding, these ladies were downright scary. I just wanted cottonwool and the look she gave me was worth at least asking for permission to fly the plane. Of course she probably looked more scary because of her thin, dried up lips covered in bright red goop!

One bag, two buffoons and three scary ladies. I'm now ready for some ice-cream and Barney Stinson.

Ps: Oh and once we had landed, the 2 buffoons were the first to ignore the seat belt sign still on and go and stand in front of the door. Yeah like anyone wanted to keep them back. Unless the air hostess aunties were looking for some adventure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

seriously funny... :D

regards
allthecrap

Avantika A. said...

Funny in retrospect man! :D