Monday, July 27, 2009

A Nomadic Existence

(Day 46 of 112)

My Bombay holiday has reached its end and starting tomorrow evening I’m going to be in a new city, and 3 days after that, in yet another city. I’m officially a nomad. And since I packed up my house before I left and put everything under dust covers, I don’t even have the pleasure of returning ‘home’ and hiding in my bedroom with my favourite TV show, book and the laptop.

By the time the Fellow finishes his course, I would have lived this nomadic existence for about a 100 days (the first 10 days or so after he left, I did manage to hide in my bedroom). And after he finishes it, a holiday is planned (for him to recuperate after 4 months of physical and mental torture). This effectively means that I’m going to be living out of a suitcase for another 4 months. Sigh. I never appreciated wardrobes and hangars and my very own shoe rack as much as I do now.

No comments: