Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Check

(7th July, Day 26 of 112)

I live in a city where the theatres don’t show English movies. They tried once. 2 people showed up. And so, what with all the bad Hindi movies that were released over the last 6 odd months and no English movies being screened, I hadn’t stepped into a theatre since I got married. Until today.

I now list watching an English movie in a theatre along with some 100 odd strangers as one those small pleasures in life. The kind you don’t appreciate until you can’t do it anymore (forced choice and all that). Even people stepping on my feet was more nostalgia inducing than annoying. And the caramel popcorn! Oh yeah! They just don’t seem to have the concept anywhere else.

And so, I got my ‘watch a movie in a theatre and eat caramel popcorn till you feel sick’ checked on the things to do when in Bombay list. Yay.

1 comment:

Pranav said...

and the movie was fun too...which is icing on the cake :)