Monday, July 6, 2009

I'm Convinced...

(Day 25 of 112)

…that clothes are now being made for people who are not normal.

I mean why will any normal person want to buy clothes that need you to have a figure like Olive Oyl? Eat people! It’s considered healthy. Or why would you pay two grand for a tee shirt that looks like you gave the tee shirt to a four yr old to try his painting skills on? And if that’s not enough, why would any one with any normal tendencies want to wear a kurta which looks like a bead box threw up on it (and that’s not in a good way)?

And don’t even get me started on the jeans bit about it. What is with all these people making jeans? Why the sudden obsession with double coloured, weirdly washed and printed jeans? What happened to the classic denim look? Why would anyone want to buy a pair of jeans which make the wearer look like they have little or no bladder control? And that’s not even the worst part. Can anyone explain to me the (fashion?) idea behind those creases near the crotch that jeans nowadays have? And what is with all the bling people??! As if one shiny sequined butterfly wasn’t enough, they go and put two – one on each back pocket. That’s what I want. A pair of butterflies on my butt. And I’m not even discussing the whole concept of printing flowers and swirly-curly designs on one leg of the pair of jeans. Gross.

So yes. I’m convinced that no longer is it possible for anyone in this city, who has taste and a liking for the subtle, to buy clothes here. Not without cringing at least. Shudder.

6 comments:

Mudra said...

I have looked for normal (non-low-waisted, non-coloured, non-printed, non-creased, non-ripped, non-sequinned) blue jeans ALL OVER. ALL OVER. And all I find is trash. I feel your pain.

jhayu said...

Suddenly I feel really good about Chembur. Place called Megamart, one of the few places I know what stocks plain, non-blingy comfort-fit Lee jeans. =)

Hmm. Word verif: frets

Avantika A. said...

@Mudra: This calls for a signature campaign or something. I mean you're the right size and everything and even you have difficulty finding jeans!

@Jhayu: You're a guy. Hmph. Somehow you get to avoid sequins and butterflies and skinny fit, low waisted travesties. Grumble Mumble.

Pranav said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAA

sorry...just pictured you in a bright pink sequined , with butter fly embroidery travesty......
add to the picture low waist jeans with equally gaudy embroidery on it.....

HAHAHAHAHHAA

jhayu said...

NO! Please! Your misconceptions must be removed. Guys' jeans are just as bad! You thought sequins were bad on women's jeans? THEY PUT THEM ON MEN'S JEANS TOO!

Word verif: woriswa

Yes. We should be very woriswa.

Avantika A. said...

Hahahahahha!

You do have a valid point there. I think sequins should be made illegal!
:D