Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Beach, Dancing and Good Food

(Day 45 of 112)

Three reasons why I know I absolutely love Bombay.

I was at a brunch party earlier in the day today. The venue, right at the edge of the beach, was suitably designed to include the water and sand in its aesthetics, making the guests stand for a moment and enjoy the rushing waves hitting the sand and the cool awesome breeze whipping around (not something they would do otherwise seeing as the rat race is on 24x7). I loved being there, so close to the beach, watching the patterns the waves made on the sand and the way children jumped and wrestled around in the water.

Then there was the music and dancing. It was such a pleasure listening to good music on the dance floor. Dancing is just so so so much better if the music is right. And the music was right today. The only thing better than the music, was my friend, who by virtue of being a professional dancer, was a treat to watch on the dance floor. The way he moved (and then caught your hand and made you move too) was, well, fun! *big grin* I miss dancing that makes me smile.

So there was the beach, and there was the dancing. What made the afternoon perfect was the food (and the happy company of course). I miss the good food I get in Bombay. It’s just one of those pleasures that can’t be described fully. Or can it? There is just something in a well made risotto or a lovely aromatic Thai curry which makes me smile. Add to that some awesome blueberry/lemon cheesecake and I’m smiling like a Cheshire cat.

Aggghh. It’s 2 days before I finish my Bombay holiday and I’m already missing it. The beach, dancing and good food are just the beginning of why I love this mad city so much. There is more to come.

No comments: