Sunday, September 6, 2009

One of Those Days

(Day 87 of 112)

I woke up to a phone call by the Fellow. What better way to start a Sunday right? I thought so too. Till the mood swing came. And then all the laziness and warm feelings disappeared only to be replaced by a dark brooding cloud spreading sulk through my veins.

All day today I was feeling miserable for no apparent reason. I was like a surly bear ready to strike out at anyone within arms length. Unfortunately, I couldn’t really do that with the in-laws (I am after all a nice person), and this did not help improve my mood. Also the Fellow was at work and wasn’t available to fulfil his role as my punching bag either. Sulk.

That left me with only two options – sleep it off or fight it out. I did neither. Instead I waited for the Fellow to call me and then tried to pick a fight. Unfortunately the Fellow knows these moods of mine and refused to rise to the bait. Hmph.

So there I was, sulky and wallowing in a little self pity (which I think is a healthy practice in moderation). All I wanted to do was crawl into a corner and be left alone, devoid of any social contact and the necessity of making small talk. This would not only allow me to sulk in peace, but also give me time to have a long conversation with myself, something I haven’t had the opportunity to do in ages.

Now the day is coming to an end and I’m feeling mildly less sulky. I think that entire bar of chocolate (recommended by the Fellow and a friend) I had might have done the trick. Or it could just be the mood swing in motion again. Whatever it is, I know for sure that the Fellow is mighty relieved he doesn’t have to ‘manage’ me any longer.

No comments: