Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Disgust...

(Day 82 of 112)

…is only one of the many things I’m feeling right now. Other emotions involve irritation, frustration, annoyance, rage, anger and also the random wtf moment. And what make this gamut of emotions more interesting is that they are all directed towards my immune system – or rather the hypersensitivity of it. I’m quite literally the human thermometer, the way my nose starts itching and my eyes start watering at the slightest change in weather conditions. And this before it becomes apparent to everyone else. It wasn’t surprising then, that when the temperature dipped in Shimla, I was the first to know – and suffer.

And suffer I did…am. Since yesterday I’ve been walking around like Rudolph, with a nose that could guide Santa’s sleigh. The FIL is quite alarmed at my sneeze fests and the MIL is concerned about my feet not being warm enough. All I’m bothered about though, is getting the infernal itching in my nose to stop, so much so that squashing it under a heavy book often seems like a good idea. Damn the immune system for being hyper-allergic. Vacuum conditions and bubbles were designed for people like me. Hmph.

Add to this circus a fever and the verdict is out – such a delicate girl, give her vitamin C, take her to the Ayurveda doctor, it’s all in the head beta, do yoga, Bombay people just cant handle the cold, shut the door, wear socks to keep your feet warm, sleep with a hot water bottle, so on and so forth.

Not surprising then, is it, that disgust is only one of the many things I’m feeling right now.

No comments: