Monday, September 7, 2009

N-A-P Time

(Day 88 of 112)
As a rule I avoid napping in the afternoon. No it’s not because I won’t be able to sleep at night and all that jazz. It’s just that my body doesn’t have the concept of napping. I mean the idea of sleeping for half an hour or even an hour is so totally alien that it’s unthinkable and sacrilege almost.
And so my naps are a minimum of 2 hours (and can extend into several more as demonstrated today). As a result I avoid sleeping in the afternoons because then it’s just like getting up for dinner and going back to bed, not to mention the names I get called by everyone around me!
But then there are days like today when the sleep is so overpowering that you can’t escape it. Add to that the MIL saying “beta sleep for sometime, you’ll feel refreshed” and I’m doomed. And so against all instincts (except for the sleep), I took a ‘nap’ today. Needless to say I was knocked out for a good 4 hours. Apparently the MIL came to check on me a couple of times (probably to see if I was still alive). But I was (or so she says) so cosy and curled up in the blankets that she didn’t have the heart to wake me up (and when she did try, I didn’t even twitch an eyelash).
When I did finally wake up, the stars were out and dinner was bubbling on the stove. A very guilty me walked out to find the MIL waiting with a huge smile and a snack for me (I know I know. I am being pampered). I tried explaining the whole body not in sync with naps logic to her, but she just waved it off saying that if anyone understands the need to sleep like the dead it’s her. And, well, she’s right. Her naps do resemble mine, except that the FIL wakes her up regardless of how comfy she looks!
Thank god the Fellow doesn’t get that from his dad or we would have had some serious issues I tell you!

No comments: