Sunday, August 16, 2009

When You're Happy And You Know It...

(Day 66 of 112)

…write a blog post.

I don’t want to jinx it or anything but I’m seriously in a cheery mood today. Maybe it’s the liberal doses of cough syrup I had last night or the fact that I haven’t laughed so much in a long time as I did yesterday. Fact of the matter is that I resemble a Cheshire cat right now, big grin and all.

If this happened too often I’d suspect a manic disorder. But I guess once in a while it’s a good thing to have this feeling of unexplained happiness. It’s a gentle (if slightly obvious) reminder that all’s fine in my little world. I mean, even with missing the Fellow and all that, if I can feel this content and satisfied, something must be going right. Right?

And so all morning I’ve been wondering how best to define this mood. So far I’ve not had any success. I’ve played around with a lot of ideas and am still not sure, though the song ‘Ek ladki ko dekha to aisa laga’ comes pretty close as far as analogies go [Note: the lyrics of this song never fail to amaze me. It has to one of the best written songs as far as Bollywood goes.].

But in the spirit of being original (I hope), the closest I can come to describing what I’m feeling is the unbridled pleasure and laughter that puppies, rainbows and bubbles bring. I could expand this list endlessly (as people close to me would know), but as much as I love to go on and on about most things, there are times like this when i believe that some things are best felt rather than said.

So here’s to feeling happy and knowing it.

3 comments:

Pranav said...

Raindrops and roses and whiskers on kittens,
something somethihg...warm woolen mittens,
snow flakes that stay on my nose in teh spring,
these are a few of my favourite things :)

Anonymous said...

ur happy wo fellow...So will he cut-short his plans and come back after reading this?..sounds nice na?!

regards
allthecrap

Avantika A. said...

@Anon: Lol. i wish ya. but even if i was throwning a party everyday of his not being here, he would not be able to come. Damn the course!