Saturday, August 22, 2009

One Topic and Lots of Ink

(Day 72 of 112)

All day today I was carrying the terribly heavy burden of guilt and honestly, I’m quite fed up. Who knew the conscience can be such a pain. I mean, so I have deadlines. Big deal right? It’s not like I wasn’t thinking about the work I have to do. I was. All the time (it was like being physically sprawled in front of the TV but mentally someplace else). I even opened up a new Word Doc and the page listing my assignment. I read it once and then read it again. And then in order to allow my mind time to assimilate the information, I stopped reading it and occupied myself in other things. And though some may call it procrastination I prefer to call it a method, a process that I have.

Anyhoo, after about a couple of hours of the method, I made some progress. I zeroed in on the topic of my assignment. This was half the battle won because now I knew what the content would be.My mind at ease, I decided I deserved a break. And so I picked up a pen and some paper, switched the TV channel to something brainless and got doodling.

4 hours later, the Word Doc still showed only the topic and the sheet of paper quite a lot of ink.

Now if only I could channel this productivity to where it’s really needed I could die happy. Or at least sleep guilt free. Sigh.

2 comments:

jhayu said...

Wow. You did that in just four hours? That's friggin' fantastic!

Avantika A. said...

:) Thank you. And i've had lots of practice all through college! lol