Thursday, August 13, 2009

Prophetic Words and Pampering

(Day 63 of 112)

In an almost self-fulfilling prophecy like manner, I’ve come down with a bug today. So there is the usual body ache, runny nose, watery eyes, sore throat etc. On telling the Fellow this, he reacted like most Indians are doing right now – caught the pig flu have you? Take care, get tested blah blah blah. Thankfully the in-laws are sensible beings and have not been driven into a media generated panic about the swine-flu. Otherwise I could well have been on my way to the nearest hospital with a mask around my face, probably followed by the local media wanting to know the state of my mind and how I’m feeling.

Instead, I slept most of the day (while the father-in-law worried about how I was doing), was made a hot cup of tea by the mother-in-law when she came back from work, was not allowed to help around the kitchen so sat and chatted the whole evening, was given special medicines to help me feel better and on the whole was pampered thoroughly (Note to self: Write about the cool and caring in-laws.)

Needless to say I’m feeling better already. Now if only the Fellow were here…I could totally do with a good shoulder and neck massage right now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no post?...ur alright??

regards
allthecrap

Avantika A. said...

I'b better. Dank you. Sniff. :)
Post is up.