Saturday, August 29, 2009

I Have a Problem

(Day 79 of 112)

You know how people are always asking you “What’s your problem?”

Well, I’m one of those people who can answer the question. I know what my problem is.

It’s very simple actually. My problem is that I don’t know when to stop. Be it talking, eating, sleeping, laughing, reading, watching How I Met Your Mother or more recently, drawing, once I start, it’s like I’m in some kind of trance and I go on and on and on. And then after several days of excessive (and obsessive) behaviour, my body gives up. So the back starts hurting, eyes get totally strained, throat starts getting itchy, fat deposits increase (damn) and…well you get the picture right?

Today my grievance is the result of my excessive drawing. I’ve been at it non-stop for about 5 days* now and my hand has started registering complaints. And so there is a constant dull ache with some very annoying cramping. And while I know I should stop and give my poor over-worked hand a much deserved break, that problem I mentioned earlier makes it almost impossible for me to stop.

So here I am, with a half-finished drawing and a much aching hand. Oh the conflict.

PS: Please to note that I have typed this out with that very hand. Such is my dedication to this blog! ;)

* - I did stop at something – I put up only 2 of my doodles here. Yay for me.

5 comments:

Pranav said...

fat deposits?

jhayu said...

I agree with HighonLife.

On the hands?
That IS nasty.

Avantika A. said...

Lol. And no, not on the hands!! :D

@HighonLife: You're such a pain na!

Anonymous said...

i can relate to this so completely. normally i just laze around for days doing nothing, and then something hits me, and people have to manhandle me into eating food or sleeping..
in most ways, it kills me, but there's a rush that i get during these times, that i attribute as being the one factor that keeps me alive !
:)

Avantika A. said...

@arayans: Lol. I think this is what keeps most college students going too!! :D