Wednesday, August 12, 2009

In a First...

(August 11th, Day 61 of 112)

I travelled alone by train to a different city.

I didn’t sleep at all in the train.

I visited Chandigarh.

I fell in love with a place that was not Bombay.

I bought, well was made to buy, 3 pairs of jutis, 3 sweaters, 1 saree, 1 salwar kameez, 2 tee-shirts, 1 pair of jeans and a pair of earrings – all in a day and a half.

I went for a movie with the in-laws.

I travelled to Shimla by road.

I didn’t throw up when travelling up a mountain by road.

I missed the Fellow more than ever before.

In a first…well…since the Fellow left at least…I’m running out of things to blog about. Or maybe the cold (relative to the land of camels and dal-baati) has just gotten to my brain cells. After all it has been known to happen right?

3 comments:

jhayu said...

No no! Don't you back away now! We've only just hit the halfway!

And (I swear, I'm not making this up just to keep you here) all this while I've been looking for the right post to tell you how awesome it is that you blog everyday. And here it is! Don't go now!

Anonymous said...

Shopping list..a guy can buy those things in 2 hours flat...(replacing girly clothes with guys, of course)

and my blog roll says ur a 'modern paro' so dont back off now!!!..:D

M not sure abt the camels but I love dal-bati.

regards
allthecrap

Avantika A. said...

@ Jhayu: That's probably the nicest thing said to me (after the Fellow's sweet nothings of course! lol). And if i had any teey plan to back off, it's definitely gone now. Thank you! :)

@ Anon: Modern paro am i? The Fellow will definitely love that one!! hahaha! And abt the shopping - i would have done it all in 2 hours too...only problem was that i didnt want to. It's my in-laws who love shopping! Whats a daughter-in-law to do huh? ;P