Saturday, July 12, 2008

Preoperational Stage

With all the bumper stickers and tee-shirts proclaiming that everyone is unique and different and special (and not in the special needs sense of the word), it is so easy to imagine (bordering on delusions maybe) that the universe revolves around me and my emotions and life crap.

But the thing about imagination is that unless you're delusional you're probably aware that it isn't real. Bummer. It's kind of disheartening to realise that while I try and shed through my eyes, all the water content in my body, elsewhere, someone is trying to decide everyday mundane things like what to cook for dinner. How can one think of what to cook and what to wear and what to tell the padosi's kaamwali to lure her away when my life is going beserk?!

I know it's very Piaget's preoperational stage to think that i'm the center of the big bad universe. But im guessing the reduced water content in my body leads to unreasonable and egocentric thoughts in my cerebral cortex owing to shrinkage of some grey cells.

Oh well, at 25 i know enough (hopefuly) and have heard enough times (more than enough actually) to end this with the cliche that when you laugh the world laughs with you (thankfully not at you) and when you cry you cry alone. Sniff.

No comments: