Friday, June 26, 2009

That Time of the Year...

(Day 15 of 112)

It’s been raining all day today with a few minutes of no rain and sparse sunshine. If I wasn’t indoors with a book and dry feet, I’d probably be cursing the rain-gods, the municipality and the people in cars. But since I wasn’t out on the roads dancing and jumping my way around mud holes, water puddles and other side effects of the monsoon season, I was all happy and pleased.

The biggest reason for my contended soul was of course the temperature. After being baked and dried in 45 degrees for several months, sitting by the window while a cool breeze and a fine mist of water played across my face was a sheer delight. One of those small pleasures in life you know.

The other reason was, well, gastronomic. Like I’ve said earlier, there is only one true way of enjoying the rains – with a plateful of hot, fresh from the oil pakodas with some spicy homemade coriander chutney. Hmmmm. Add to that a mug of hot tea and you know this is what bliss is.

I do really love the rains.

No comments: