Friday, June 19, 2009

Oh Bugger!

(Day 8 of 112)

I made lists. I remade lists. I put these lists next to my pillow so that I wouldn’t forget where I kept them. I cross-checked everything on the list twice, before I zipped my bags. I even unpacked a couple of times to make sure I did put in that tee shirt that I really like.

I slept at 5 in the morning because I insisted on doing a thorough job of packing. At 5.30 am I jumped out suddenly because I forgot to put in my hair-dryer. By 10.30 am, my suitcase, handbag, backpack and an assortment of various other smaller bags were ready to start holidaying. At 2.30 pm the chap supposed to pick me up (at 11.30am) finally turned up. I quickly ran around the house making sure I had everything and had done everything on my list (now beautiful looking with check marks all over).

Feeling all smug and pleased, I come to my aunt’s house and decide to get my Facebook fix. That’s when I had my Oh Bugger moment (accompanied by some other words unsuitable for family reading). In all my over-zealousness (or despite it), I had forgotten just one thing – the power cable to my laptop. Sigh.

So here I am, once more racing the battery symbol on my screen. Only this time I can’t blame dust-storms. All I can do is be satisfied with an Oh Bugger (repeated over and over and over again)!

Note: Later in the evening i did go back and get the laptop cables and am now content.

No comments: