Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sulking

(Day 2 of 112)

The Fellow isn’t here and I have to go for another one of those infernal parties that the people here seem to thrive on tonight (though to be fair, there hasn’t been one in 2 weeks. No wonder people are getting cranky). Now since the Fellow was my only source of intelligent conversation at these dos, I have no idea what I’m going to do for some 4 odd hours. I mean how much can I pretend to be interested in the spider infestation Mrs. X has, or how the creases just wouldn’t be ironed off Mrs. Y’s saree (believe me, I’ve been a forced spectator of such a conversation)?
So what with the Fellow away and me being faced with a night of torture, I’m seriously not in a good mood. Maybe this is how the drinking starts. And the shooting.

No comments: