Wednesday, June 17, 2009

About Tantrums

(Day 6 of 112)

I’m in the mood for a tantrum. An honest to god, real tantrum, complete with feet stamping, cursing, crying and picking a fight with anyone foolish enough to engage me in any kind of conversation.

Unfortunately I can’t indulge myself today. Not with the Fellow absent. I mean a tantrum is only as good as your audience. And without the Fellow, there really is no point in ranting and raving and using some of my choicest cuss words and wittiest, most sarcastic comments. And since I don’t think the lizard on the wall and the squirrel outside my window would appreciate the complexity of keeping up a tantrum while sounding logical and sane, the only option I have is to sulk.

Here I am, all worked up and ready to strangle someone, anyone, and not a soul in sight. Even my maid would do. No I’m not classist. The lady hasn’t shown up in three days so I have good reason to strangle her (especially with all the dust making my house look like something that should belong on the Haunted Hill, the only thing missing being bats and vampires).

So what with a house that resembles a never being dusted government office, a maid that apparently has decided not to come, and missing the Fellow who isn’t given any time to talk (a pox on his course), it’s no wonder I’m in the mood for a tantrum.

No comments: