Saturday, March 14, 2009

Tradeoffs

The Fellow is a dog lover and at least once a day, you will hear him cribbing about how much he misses his dead dog Chip. And then there are those days when the crib continues into a 'lets get a dog' sales pitch which often takes on manical proportions. Now, i love dogs too. It's just that with the Fellow at work all day long, and me still getting the hang of managing my own house, a dog is just way too out of my league. It'll be like having a baby three months into the marriage! 

Anyways, one of these sales pitches took place as we were out to dinner.

Fellow: Chipuuuuu. I miss my dog ya. 

Me: So i have heard.

Fellow: Let's get a dog.

Me: We will. Eventually.

Fellow: No. Now. You said we could.

Me: Yes i know i did. And we will get a dog sometime.

Fellow: Thats not what you said before we got married. Fraud.

Me: Whaat?

Fellow: We're getting a dog. I'll tell my brother to look out for a pup...

Me: But...

Fellow: I'm getting you diamonds na? So i get a dog. 

Me: This is no tradeoff.

Fellow: Yes it is. You get a girl's best friend and I get a man's. 


Hmmmm. The secret to a happy marriage. Best friends.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

well awesome humour

Avantika A. said...

On behalf of the Fellow, Thank u :)