Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Of Chaddis and Bad Men

For some time now i've been thinking i should get some Pink Chaddi love on my blog just to show solidarity in the face of supremely chauvanistic, regressive, insecure and frankly, just plain moronic men. 

I'm not a huge fan of Valentine's day. My earlier post is testimony to that. But this year, like many other non-fans, i'll be looking forward to the 14th. Not to join in the hearts and lace and ugly soft toys parade, but to see how events develop and see what the government is going to do while a glorified goon decides to define Indian culture. 

Speaking of the nationwide movement of Pink Chaddis, Muthalik has said,  

"the move reflected the desperate mindset of these women." 

Right. We are the ones who are desperate. 

He also goes onto say (unfortunately)

"Instead of talking at such base levels on the issue of Indian culture that I have raised, it will be better to debate it at the ideological level. I am prepared for that. Let there be a discussion on it across the table,"

Hmm. I'm guessing he ran out of tables when he decided to attack youngsters at the pub earlier this month. 

No comments: