Friday, January 30, 2009

Thank God for Change

So I have a weakness for ice-creams. The fellow has almost gotten used to my cravings at all hours of the day and night and the road to the ice-cream parlor can now be travelled blindfolded.

Today wasn’t any different and just as I sat to finish some long overdue work I started seeing images of spirals of vanilla ice-cream dipped in hot chocolate sauce. So I called out to the Fellow in my most innocent and damsel in distress voice (which didn’t fool him a bit and just made him a teeny bit more wary if possible).

Anywho, after a little coercion and convincing the fellow that I absolutely needed to have that ice-cream, we set out happily. A little less than half way to heaven (please excuse my tendency to lean towards the dramatic) the Fellow realizes that in all our (read: my) excitement to get to the ice-cream, we’d (read: the Fellow) not carried any moolah with us.

Being the good girl I am (really) and the fact that I’m not using public transport here (which would account for a lot of loose change floating around my jeans when I was in Bombay), I didn’t have a single rupee on me. The Fellow, on the other hand manfully checked all his pockets and turned up some 10 rupees. Fifteen if you count a 5 rupee coin he had once kept in a compartment in the door. And 30 when we counted all the change we’d dumped at various times in the car.

So there we were. Headed towards the city at 10.30 in the night, with 30 rupees in our hand (quite literally), and a desire for ice-cream in our hearts. Like the Fellow said, thank God for the change. 

2 comments:

Pranav said...

So what was different about this ice cream?

Avantika A. said...

Just for that mister, u don't get to know! :P