Saturday, October 3, 2009

The Return of Happiness

This is what it feels like to be totally and undeniably happy.

Meeting the Fellow after 4 months away was a giddy experience. Took me back to our courtship days when we struggled with being in a long-distance relationship. The excitement and anticipation of meeting him after a long time was almost nostalgic. I'd forgotten how fast my heart would beat and how i couldn't stop smiling at the thought of seeing the Fellow again. I know that my travel companions were completely amused at how, after sleeping for most of the train journey, during the last 15 mins of the trip I suddenly became a grinning eager-beaver who could barely sit in her seat long enough!
Now that the initial excitement has passed, a sense of contentment and the feeling, that I am where I belong, has returned. Makes me feel all mellow and good. So good, in fact, that even when the Fellow has had to work almost all of today, I can't find it in myself to sulk or complain (at least not whole-heartedly or with any kind of conviction).
For now, it's all about happiness. The sulking can wait till tomorrow na?