Thursday, October 1, 2009

And Then There Were 112

(Day 112 of 112)

Can you believe that we’re done? I’ve lived through 112 days without the Fellow and am still relatively sane (well…at least I haven’t gotten worse!). In almost 12 hours from now, I will be grinning stupidly and with barely controlled excitement at the Fellow (who hopefully should be in time and waiting for me at the railway station).

I’m so thrilled at the idea of finally being with the Fellow again that it’s taking immense self control not to jump around and sing about it to anyone who cares (or not) to listen! Yay!!

And now comes the award-winning-acceptance-style-speech. No, I’m not going to thank the family here. I’ve done that in person, though they assured me it wasn’t needed. But it was. I mean, they had to live with a nomad – and an often sulky one at that. It can’t have been simple I’m sure.

What I am going to do is thank the 3 regular readers I have here (this, excluding the Fellow) and who have been really nice about commenting on all my complaints and whiny behaviour. Thank you, Jhayu, Vivek and PK. It can’t have been easy reading my daily dose of sulky writing. I mean, reading back to day 1 of 112, I realised that the amount I complained here is ridiculous! What was I thinking? Ok I know what I was thinking, but really!

Anyhoo. It’s all over. Tomorrow shall bring renewed happiness.

Ps: Give me a week or two and I’m sure the complaining me shall emerge once more. It’s inevitable.

5 comments:

Pranav said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pranav said...

ok fine...
"avantika...we are happy for you
Oh dont worry, we were happy to be there for you. We will always be faithful readers of your blog.
.
pass on the regards to your fellow and tell him what a wonderful person he has who kept sane after all this much time....
.
yours faithfully
PK"

Avantika A. said...

If i didnt know you to be the sarcastic, pessimistic, annoying chap that you are, i would have been thanking you right this moment.

However, right now, im thinking of retracting the thank you!

Pranav said...

pessimistic?
im not pessimistic :)
.
.
other two i plead guilty too....

Anonymous said...

hey thx AA but you post really insane,crazy and nice stuff here..but now I am affraid as the judai period is over this blog will see more sensible once...which I dont want...:P

Btw wen is the next traning session for fellow...:P

and congo for completing the countdown..:D

regards
vivek