Monday, December 12, 2011

Say Three


Post dated: 2nd December 2011.

Three years.

Of sleeping on the left side of the bed.
Of navigating from the passenger seat.
Of deciding lunch and dinner menus.
Of making watery maggi.
Of never having to look anywhere else for tech-support.
Of fighting over chocolate cake every single time.
Of explaining why cushions are important for the living room.
Of always having someone to talk to at parties.
Of trips to Shimla.
Of fighting over bandwidth and download limits.
Of rolling my eyes every time I buy apples because a lecture goes with it. Every time.
Of inside jokes.
Of not being in Bombay.
Of getting flowers whenever I come back home. Or even when I’m at home.
Of having late night ice-cream cravings fulfilled.
Of getting science lessons at the drop of a hat.
Of trunks.
Of being told I need to learn how to change a car tire and then not being allowed to do it.
Of sharing gossip in the car ride home after parties.
Of not having to explain how I want my drink.
Of relearning the meaning of hot and cold as pertaining to the water and weather.
Of understanding that a man can never have too many gadgets. Or wires.
Of being made aware of the fact that there is nothing like too much gaming.
Of finally learning that primary colours are all that he’ll ever recognize.

Three years. And we’re just getting started.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww! <3

I'm sure the list is not even half-complete! :D

Avantika A. said...

Hahahaha there is only so much mush i can manage :D