Sunday, February 6, 2011

And We Move

Bring out the boxes and bubblewrap, it’s time to get busy. The Fellow and I move to Pune in a month and amidst my excitement and thrill at moving closer to Bombay (yay!) there is a lot of (and I mean a *lot* of) panic happening. I’ve never had to pack up my entire life in one place and move to another at such short notice. The last time I did it, I was getting married and then the panic was of a different kind (naturally).

Right now, my biggest worry is getting everything packed. Seriously. Have you seen the amount of stuff we have? It’s astonishing just the sheer number of glasses we own. And I’m not even getting started on all the linen we’ve bought in the last two years. Of course, it might help if I actually started packing things up, instead of spending my time drawing up lists upon lists. But then if I did, there would be nothing to write about no? And so I give in to the neurotic in me and get giddy with happiness as I list out (very prettily, complete with doodles, if I might add) all the work I have to do in the next 4 weeks.

4 weeks. To pack up and move.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Listen, do not scare me more, okay? :(

Chica said...

Hey so ur a fauji wife? I was a fauji kid and grew up all over the country. Thankfully dint have to worry about the packing bit then, but witnessed a LOT of it !
Gud luck, and an advance welcome to Pune !

Avantika A. said...

@bustlingwoods: scare you how? :S

@chica: Yes i am. And i wish i didnt have to worry about the packing too. Sigh. and thank you. I'm looking fwd to Pune :)