Monday, January 4, 2010

Teenage Revisited

So Mr. Khan is on Twitter. And even though I know I’m way cooler than this, i’m super-excited. I mean imagine if he actually replied to one of my tweets??!! Aaaahhhh. That would send the teenager in me rocketing up to space on pure thrill and hormones!

Ok. So before any of you (and by that I mean you PK) start judging me about this you should know that SRK was my teenage idol. I put posters of him up on my walls and sneaked postcards of him into my textbooks. I saw DDLJ more times than I can remember. I even imagined conversations with him where I would be all nonchalant and super-cool (and not at all high-pitched and girly), and he would be so charmed by my wisdom (that I had garnered at the ripe old age of 12) and wit that he would be my friend (c’mon. I was 12. What did you expect?) for ever more!

Yes yes. I know it sounds a bit kooky but I was pre-pubescent. I blame the hormones and the fact that I really couldn’t appreciate Ajay Devgan or Suniel Shetty the way I could Shahrukh Khan. And now he’s on Twitter. And he’s playing the same video game the Fellow has been obsessing about (which makes it slightly easier for me to adjust to the fact that a game is more interesting than me).

And so even though I’m having a giant bimbo moment happening here, I make no apologies. I mean I’m already starving Fat Avantika (who is hiding inside me waiting for her time). I owe at least this much to the teenage me right?

5 comments:

Pranav said...

i thought you squeezed fat avantika to death the minute you put on that copper girdle :)

Anonymous said...

Spam his timeline with ur tweets :P

btw wats ur twitter handle?

regards
vivek

Avantika A. said...

@PK:Harharhar. She lurks dude.

@Vivek: aavantika
and i would spam him, only he might block me and i dont think i could take that happening!! :D :P

jhayu said...

Umm, don't mean to be rude and all that jazz, but if you're talking about the 12-year-old-you, how're you calling it the teenage-you?

word verif: bilind

Clearly, what your 'teenage' love for SRK has made you.

Avantika A. said...

You're allowed to be rude and all that jazz (about certain things ie). But as i had entered my 13th year of lif...it was technically teenage...and then there is the whole concept of pre-teen (more popularly known as Tweens)! :P