Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Carton-full

The Fellow and I decided to go to a second-hand bookstore today.

There is something about piles and mounds of books that make me happy. It doesn’t matter that there is an inch of dust over everything (never good for my insane allergies), or that I have to look through hundreds of books to find one or two worth buying. Just being there makes me more than a little happy. And when I come across a book or a comic that I had read as a child (and never seen ever since), there is no stopping me from jumping around all gleeful. And then I stick it under the Fellow’s nose, and insist he read it and get appropriately excited. Finally, after several hours of browsing, excited squeals, careful pondering and monosyllabic conversations, I stand before a huge pile of books which I’ve finalised, and look at the Fellow (with as innocent a look as possible) for his reaction to my low willpower.

At times like these I’m really glad the Fellow is also a book-worm. This way he is able to understand my lack of self-control and overall happiness when I’m around books.

For now, we have a carton full of books, and several more days of holiday left. Yay.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder your on vacation or second honeymoon..so many days? I wanna join the same company :D

and ye twitter is good option try it!!

Anonymous said...

regards
vivek

Avantika A. said...

Its called the Indian Air Force! :D

Anonymous said...

Woooohhh...das damm cool...as the guy say in rang de..ladkiya to marti hai army walo pe..jets..jackets...:)

and after reading so many of ur posts..I shdnt wonder that it took an army man to... :P

just kidding!!!

regards
vivek

Avantika A. said...

Hahaha!! Air force man...way different from an army chap btw...way cooler (fancy jets and all that na!) hahaha

Pranav said...

"innocent look"
bwahahahahahahaahahahaha