Sunday, May 17, 2009

Damn Generalisation!

I’m so furious right now that I’m almost bursting with indignation. The Fellow, knowing that I need to talk my rage out listened to my tirade for a good 15 minutes before returning to his ‘rajma chawal’. Since I no longer have a captive audience, or at least one that isn’t bonding with his favourite food, I decided to spew all the venom here.

Men. Hmph. What is with them and generalisation? Just because you have the misfortune of being married to a stupid woman who wouldn’t know the difference between a comma and a full stop doesn’t mean that all the women you meet have the same lack of grey cells.

Ok so maybe I’m generalising here and including all men in the above statement. Let me be more specific and mention that I’m talking about one man. One moron who wasn’t smart enough to get out of marrying the bluntest tool in the shed and now believes that all females are like the pain he has to live with.

I’m not this judgmental and critical of others as a rule. However this man’s wife is someone even the Dalai Lama would lose patience with. She deserves an entry in the record books for being a textbook woman - the kind of woman men have nightmares about, the kind of woman that legends talk of in quiet, warning tones. Unfortunately, this doesn’t bode well for the rest of the sex. Her husband is so convinced that like his wife, all women fight at the drop of a hat, cry at the sound of a ‘no’, are hopeless with math, can’t follow instructions and make life generally miserable, that he refuses to treat them as equals who are capable of having an IQ more than 90.

What put me in such a towering rage is the fact that this seemingly intelligent man (I have my doubts about that now) treats me the kind of condescension and smugness that makes me want to punch his nose or knee his tenders (whichever I can reach quickest). I mean just because you can’t have a minute’s intelligent conversation with your wife, doesn’t mean you can’t with anyone else’s wife. There is nothing more annoying in life than being treated like a dimwit simply because of a generalisation. - and nothing more expressive of the other person’s stupidity.

Aaaaggghhhh. The next time I meet this chap, the Fellow better be at hand to hold my arms and tie my knees or I’m going to do some real damage. Seriously. 

2 comments:

jhayu said...

At the risk of ruining a perfectly good I-read-your-blog-you-read-mine-quietly-without-the-other-knowing relationship (not to mention at the risk of my tenders, being a man and everything), I couldn't keep myself from commenting.

Perhaps the next time you meet this gentle(?)man, blow him away with intellectual conversation he can't keep up with (and from the looks of it, this won't be difficult for you). I assure you, the satisfaction will be far greater.


Oh, and you have a brilliant blog. = )

Avantika A. said...

Hahaha. I would do that, except that my rage centre takes over everything and all i can think of is violence!

I think i'm going to take the upper hand here and amuse myself with the knowledge that he has to go home with the bimbo simpering foolishly next to me! :D

And thank you :)