Friday, September 19, 2008

Bug Free and Healthy

I’ve made it almost a year without any illness (barring a serious cold maybe). And considering the fact that I have the lamest immune system ever, not to talk of being almost allergic to myself, this is an achievement! Managing to keep the bugs, and their brethren, from attacking my system is something I’m very proud of.

And this feeling of pride in my white blood cells is only increased by my sister coming down with a bad stomach flu. Don’t get me wrong here. I totally empathise with her and feel (strongly) for her whenever she starts running towards the bathroom with both hands pushing people and things out of her way. But even so, I can’t help grinning smugly and congratulating my digestive system at doing such a great job of throwing out all infections and choosing to let only nutrients through the epithelial lining (yay for high school biology).

So right now I’m looking at my sister gulping down stewed apples with a painful look on her face. I can imagine why. She knows it’s not going to stay in for more than an hour. But it makes my aloo paratha taste so much better!

Ok so I may sound like a sadist and a bad person. But I’m really not. I’m just celebrating health. And the parathas happened to be totally awesome.

No comments: