Monday, June 2, 2008

The Simple Things In Life

In this seriously twisted and constantly on the move world, the only things that keep me sane (and looking forward to another day or weekend) are the simple things in life.
Not for me the aromatherapy room of a fancy spa or the tension relieving fingers of a very expensive masseuse.

Give me my favourite book, a bowlful of munchies and I’m set for the afternoon. It gets better if its raining outside and I’m indoors warm and comfortable!
Give me an extra couple of hours of sleep in the morning knowing I don’t have to go to work and can keep hitting snooze on the phone alarm without overwhelming guilt!
An hour long gab-fest with my best friend can definitely ease up several days’ worth of teeth clenching and fist curling!
My laptop, a good pair of headphones (I dream of Bose, which is not necessarily one of the simple things in life!) and Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy and I’m all happy and smiling.
A tall glass of chilled iced tea on a hot day. A hot shower after a long stressful day. Fresh sheets at night on the bed. My favourite song on the radio. A long awaited mail in my inbox.

Life doesn’t get better than this.

Unless of course someone brings me Gooey chocolate torte! J

No comments: